There are few who cannot benefit from some form of executive coaching. It is common for even the most talented and successful executives to constantly and eagerly seek feedback. That feedback, in turn, helps them identify opportunities to become a more effective leader. And there lies the benefits and advantages of healthcare executive coaching.
Healthcare Alignment Solutions™ will partner with you throughout a coaching engagement to identify blind spots, stumbling blocks, strengths, and unrecognized opportunities and design a plan to assist you in adopting changes in your thinking and behaviors to improve your leadership effectiveness and overall satisfaction.
As a former healthcare executive, board member, and certified executive coach, Carm has more than 30 years of leadership coaching experience with numerous healthcare organizations throughout the country.
To learn if our healthcare executive leadership program and healthcare executive coaching is right for you, please schedule a free 20-minute success strategy session.
What Is Healthcare Executive Coaching?
The International Coaching Federation defines coaching as: “Professional Coaching is an ongoing professional relationship that helps people produce extraordinary results in their lives, careers, businesses or organizations.” Through the process of coaching, clients deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life.
In each meeting, the client chooses the focus of conversation, while the coach listens and contributes observations and questions. This interaction creates clarity and moves the client into action. Coaching accelerates the client’s progress by providing greater focus and awareness of choice. Coaching concentrates on where clients are now and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be in the future, recognizing that results are a matter of the client’s intentions, choices and actions, supported by the coach’s efforts and application of the coaching process.
What Are the Benefits of Healthcare Executive Coaching?
An executive coach, (or mentor, and/or advisor) is a trained outside, impartial partner with the unique capacity to assist leaders by drawing upon their experiences to aid clients and teams to become more effective in leading their organizations. Due to today’s unprecedented times, many leaders are experiencing volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) environments, creating significant challenges to successfully and effectively lead their organizations to achieve their objectives and strategies.
As leaders, we must adapt to these changing times with new ways of thinking, behaving, and leading to achieve improved effectiveness and position the organization for long-term success. Senior leaders today need to be especially adept at:
- Instilling hope and resilience in uncertain times
- Fostering agile leaders, managers, and employees
- Developing transitional leadership
- Cultivating self-directed teams
Who Can Benefit from Working with a Certified Healthcare Executive Coach?
Typically, clients who benefit from executive coaching include board of trustee members, CEOs and C-Suite members, vice presents, and selective directors (non-board member, reporting to officers or VPs). Also, C-Suite team coaching adds value by coaching the collective leadership team. In many cases, team coaching is coupled with individual leadership coaching.
How Long Does It Take?
Coaching engagements are tailored to match the needs of each individual or team. Typically, healthcare executive coaching lasts six months with an option to extend.
What Does Healthcare Executive Coaching Cost?
The cost for the service is dependent on several factors, including the level of the coachee (board leader/member, Chief Executive Officer, C-Suite team member, Vice President, or Director (non-board member); duration of the engagement; and the number of individuals to be coached, etc.
What Can People Expect from Healthcare Alignment Solutions?
The following is a description of the 3-Phase process we use to improve a leader’s (or team’s) effectiveness:
Phase 1: Discovery (weeks 1-3):
The purpose of Phase 1 is for the client to define what constitutes success and complete the assessment portion of the engagement. We will jointly determine which Human Synergistics assessment tool to use to best aid the client. This step will highlight the client’s leadership style and identify opportunities to improve their effectiveness. Key activities include:
- Holding an initial 1.5-hour session for the client and coach to meet, discuss the purpose of the coaching engagement, determine and select the most effective assessment tool and identify up to 12 individuals to complete 360 degree feedback
- Completion of the self-assessment and 360 degree feedback tools
- Conducting a 2-hour Discovery/Debrief Session to review the assessment feedback
- Holding a 1.5-hour follow-up session to define and formulate a plan to meet the client’s desired goals and discuss what constitutes success for the engagement
Phase 2: Active Coaching (weeks 4-22):
Phase 2 consists of the active coaching process that is driven by “Active Inquiry” (focused questions asked by the coach to move the conversation toward an actionable plan for the client.) This Phase may also include experiential coaching, if requested by the client, to identify approaches used in similar situations during the coaches’ leadership experiences. Key activities include:
- Weeks 4-13: hold ten one-hour weekly coaching sessions
- Week 14: Conduct a 30-minute mid-point check-in with the client and their direct supervisor(s) to ensure ongoing alignment and support as they work towards their defined goals
- Weeks 15-22: hold four one-hour coaching sessions, one every other week
- Coaching will include the session accompanied by dialog related to follow-up actions
Phase 3: Reflection (weeks 23-24):
The purpose of Phase 3 is to provide meaningful dialog related to the coaching engagement and prepare the client to continue work related to their leadership journey. Key activities include:
- Holding a one-hour meeting with the client and their direct supervisor(s) to acknowledge the client’s progress and enroll support for their next steps and future growth
- Holding a one-hour session with the client to equip them to continue the ongoing journey to expand leadership effectiveness
Are Coaching Services Limited to Only Healthcare Executives?
No. Carm Moceri is certified, proficient, and experienced to provide executive coaching within any industry.
Get Started Today
Please schedule your initial free 20-minute success strategy session to learn if our healthcare executive coaching is right for you: